Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas is...

... a state of mind. :)

I had a very nice Christmas celebration in my site. Not that I didn't miss being home, but I thought it was going to be harder missing Christmas. Turns out some homemade pizza and chocolate cake can really curb my perception! My friend Erica came to visit and we broke in my future house with decorations, good food, and some holiday music. Thanks to friends and family back home I had Christmas cards, Charlie Brown wall clings, a small tree with decorations, and a picture of Mr. Holiday Cheer himself, Aaron Rodgers, to spruce up the place!


I am so thankful to have such wonderful people in community. They have taken me under their wing and I really feel like a part of the family. These girls are the little isters my parents never gave me. I'm planning to take lessons in nail polish design from them soon!


Juan had made a Santa pinata for the kids' celebration. I've learned all the tricks and plan on mastering the art before I leave - think of your requests for the birthday circuit 2014!


Erica's birthday is the 24th so we had lots to celebrate! And "no celebration is complete without a pinata" is my new life motto.


We headed to the city on Christmas Day to meet up with a couple of friends. There we hit up the Chinese Circus from Mexico. There were only about 30 people in the audience so it was almost like a personal show. Merry Christmas to us!


No comments:

Post a Comment