Sunday, March 24, 2013

Besties!

It's not too uncommon to talk to a Peace Corps volunteer and they'll tell you about their best friend in service who was some child under the age of 10.  For some reason when I came here I had the idea that that wouldn't happen to me.  That I would be closer friends with people my own age.  I really think I underestimated the awesomeness of 5 year olds.  And most of the people my age are the parents of 5 year olds.  I have plenty of amazing friends in site that are my age but we just have different priorities.  So here I am, proud to admit that my best friends are two young ladies ages 4 and 6.  School recently started, one is in 1st grade and the other is in Pre-Kinder, so now I find my mornings surprisingly quiet.  I'm sure you've seen quite a few pictures of them, but just in case...  ;)

I'm pretty sure they're taller in real life...



It was recently their cousin's first birthday and the candle kept going out so they were shielding the candle and coaching him on how to blow the candle out.  Eventually, one of them just blew it out, everyone cheered, and we ate some cake!

They're fun!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment