Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Fifty-One.

Fifty-one days until I will be a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer.

September 13th, here I come!  It definitely seems surreal.  I am very excited to move home and I feel like I'm ready too.  There will definitely be things that I will miss, but there are others that have, to quote a friend, "really ground my gears" and that I know will dissolve into laughable memories as they make me an overall more grateful and appreciative person.  I am applying for a Peace Corps Response job that would bring me back to Panama in January and because of this, I have put off starting to accept that I am really saying "goodbye."

I'm planning to keep busy for my last couple months here.  I'm headed out to my friend Sergio's community for the installation of the solar panels and the pump for his water system tomorrow.  It's exciting to see projects being completed!  I'll be spending some more time out there as we install the distribution system in August.

Life is good!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment