Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I don't even know which way is up anymore....

Living here I have become accustomed to the idea of maps reading from uphill to downhill as opposed to North to South.  Not professional maps, but maps of a community or water system.  Panama runs mainly East-West with a mountain range through the middle.  The highway and the majority of things are on the southern side of said mountain range so this scheme generally "works".

I find myself daydreaming of bike rides back home.  I think about how it would be easier to ride my bike from my Grandma's house to my parents' house than from my parents' house to my Grandma's house... because it's downhill.  Or is it?  I find it interesting that I keep catching myself imagining the Midwest as having a overall dip to the South.  :)

July = re-acclimating to the Land of Flat Expanses.


No comments:

Post a Comment