Saturday, September 17, 2011

“It’s just an itzee bitzee teenie weenie Yellow Fever vaccineenie!” -Erica Jones

I’m making lot of new friends… and then getting rid of them! I killed one scorpion and two cockroaches in my bedroom this week. They finally came out to say hello! Just when they thought they were safe…

I had a most wonderful birthday spent building a latrine platform! AND my host family threw me a party. Complete with CAKE!

I’ll be spending the next week in the Comarca Ngobe-Bugle for some hands on technical training! Rumor has it the place we’re going is even cold (60s at night)! :D

If there is anything you’re itching (ha!) to know about – let me know! I’ll leave you with a treat from one of the guys in my group:

A Sanitation Haiku
By: John Byron Caraway III

A rumble within.
Is that you, Giardia?
If so, be gentle.



1 comment: