Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cheese and Crackers

It's like a little snack around 3pm.  Just enough to tide you over until I get around to writing another real blog post!  Enjoy!  :)

My mom came to visit!


This is pretty much my constant state - sweaty.  The last month and a half or so has been ridiculously hot!


I'm pretty sure Chenin has some star power.  This was the picture right after he told her to look at the camera.  She's got an eye for style.


Kathryn is a little nicer to that dog than I was.  You could see the bugs swarming around it.  :)


Grass cutting workday at the school.


Work day at the church.  They are getting ready for a church conference that will be in town this weekend.  They are expecting 150 people to come from other communities.




Senor Juan is getting creative in his most serious of hobbies - pinata making.  (Terry and Keith take note if you run out of summer projects!)  This was Yhetzy's exploding birthday cake pinata.  I wasn't there for the finished product, but they then put pinata paper on it, and sparklers as candles before lighting off the middle layer.  Grandma grabbed Grandpa's sombrero and was trying to fan out the flames after it popped.  The candies on the bottom became a melted mass.


I found a new trick to catch cockroaches - a lil' bit of wine in the bottom of a cup over night!  I told my friend Erica this and she responded: I did to.  I used a whole can of Raid in my house this morning.


We had a chicken killing party to celebrate the end of my friend Angie's water project.  The party was about eating the chicken, not so much it's killing, or at least it was supposed to be...  It turned into quite the ordeal; we could use some more practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment