Monday, August 6, 2012

Working Weekend

At first, 24 days of vacation a year seems like a lot.  And then you realize that you don't get those two free days every week(end).  Then you realize that they weren't kidding when they say it's a 24/7 job.  And I would like to ask all of those volunteers out there who say "you're going to stare at the walls for hours" and "you're going to have more time than you know what to do with" - when does that start?  :)

I spent the last weekend out visiting some friends.  Sonia and I went out to visit Sergio and Sean to help finish up some surveying… so I could take the surveying equipment.  Don’t worry, I’m not that selfless.  ;)


And Sergio took us on a wild goose chase to do so.  I'm pretty sure we walked halfway to Colombia and then crossed a river to get there.

We also took time to play in the river.  Jumping in the fast moving current and riding it down past the rocks!  Soooo fun! 


And just in case you can't see how much Sonia is enjoying herself, I'll zoom in... 


For breakfast on Sunday, we ate boiled yucca with some fresh steak… from a cow we saw, very much alive, the day before as well as cut up in pieces as we walked to the breakfast table.  It was delicious. 


Sonia: I can’t believe you guys held that cow head.


Bri: Sean held a cow head.  I touched a cow head.


Sean and I are starting a collection of pictures with dead (or soon to be dead) animals. 


I asked him what’s next.  He said a goat.  I’ll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment