Tuesday, July 1, 2014

El Valle de Anton


El Valle de Anton is a town in the province of Cocle.  The city is built in the caldera of an old volcano up at about 600 meters.  A friend and I took a mini vacation there before I headed to the city.  We hiked up to the top of one of the hills in town to see what we could see.



Now for the cool part.  Ok, I thought it was cool at least.  I recently wrote about how the volunteers on the west side of the country can get to the top of a ridge and can see peaks off in the distance and identify where other volunteers live.  The mountains aren't so high in Cocle so that was only something we could do with our closest neighbors... until we went hiking at El Valle!

Looking out to the west I could see the wind turbines behind Penonome and then I saw that distinct pointy little mountain on the right and thought that must be near where Brandon used to live.  So then I started looking for something more familiar to me.  The mountain is Orari and it was one that always stood out on the horizon from my community.  
This is a picture of it from where I lived.


With a little looking, I found it!  Which means that my community was in the small mountain range below the red circle.  It looks so tiny from up there!

And finding that let me do this!
We lived over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment