Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Little Chicken that Did

Last Wednesday started like any other. I woke up and went running – Erica’s motivation surpassed mine and I gave in and sprinted up the last hill… twice. I came home and put on my Saturday underwear from my limited array of clean options. Washed some clothes and put them out to dry… but it rained before I got back from class. But then my day turned around and the Gods smiled my way. Sean, one of the other volunteers, and his host brother were headed home and what was in his brother’s bag? A live chicken. Yes indeed, they were headed home to kill it. Ummm, heck YES I’ll go and watch! (Not that I like seeing things die – because I really don’t but I’m always up for a new experience!) Poor guy knew what he had coming and just couldn’t do anything about it. Except try to bite Sean’s hands. He knew better than to mess with Bri Drake.



Our good friend Javier tied his feet and hung him upside down from a tree. He took the machete and brought dinner one step closer to the table. Mmmya!

3 comments:

  1. Delicious! Yes please - wow already with a host family :) You da bomb (Leah wanted me to tell you that).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Troy. When I get a real house I´m going to raise a rooster and name it Troy! I´ll let you know if it cockadoodledoos at the right time or not!

    Lisa. Tell Leah SHE´S the Bomb diggity dog MASTER!

    ReplyDelete