Sunday, August 28, 2011

Training Update

They are keeping us busier than a one legged man in a *butt* kicking competition! My Spanish is improving exponentially, and I can almost have real conversations with my new best friend Ariel. He’s 6. We’ve been out hiking to visit the water system in our community and spent an afternoon digging a drainage ditch. The town of Los Mortales is so so welcoming and it’s been a pleasure being here so far! My only complaint is that boys wearing Crocs shouldn’t be allowed to school me at soccer!

We’re stuck between a rock and the middle of nowhere, so if you were wondering, I didn’t fall off the face of the earth! I’m doing well and trucking on! :)

Next week I’m headed out to spend 4 days with another environmental health volunteer in her site in the Comarca Ngobe Bugle on the east side of the country! Reality check here I come!

3 comments:

  1. How do we send you things..oh jeeze...I think your Birthday cake will be moldy by the time you get it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey now, just because they wear crocs doesn't mean that they are slackers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lees. Host mom, Thelma´s got this cake under wraps! And we´re eating something called ¨aluego¨ for dinner. ¨To later¨ I hope it´s not like that drug in clubs where you just forget until later... :D

    Phill. They live on the west side of the canal AND they wear crocs. It balances out!

    ReplyDelete