Friday, December 14, 2012

One time...


...I ran a half marathon without training.  And then I did it again.  This time I knew that a race in the rainy season would not provide me for a dry road to train on.  So… I looked up my time from the last half marathon I didn’t train for in 2009 and that was my goal to beat.  Logical?  Yes!  The first hour and twenty minutes was really good, and then it was about 8am, the sun was out in full force, and this girl was getting a lotta bit dehydrated.  But I finished under my goal time of 2 hours and 19 minutes and 23 seconds… by seconds.  :) 

There were a bunch of volunteers that ran (all women! plus Nate) which made it a lot of fun.  We celebrated after at New York Bagel and ate back all of the calories we had just burned in the form of cream cheese and bagels!



Photos by: Ruth Xochichua!

No comments:

Post a Comment