Friday, December 14, 2012

Feliz Dia de la Madre!

First of all, a very happy belated Mothers’ Day to all of my moms!  Panama celebrates Mothers’ Day on December 8th which means an extra day to demand breakfast in bed!  Though Panamanians celebrate this day on a more community scale with receptions at the school, church, or even your place of employment – I went to talk to an engineer at the Ministry of Health the day before and had to make it quick because the two hour long Mothers’ day reception was about to commence.

After posting about my new shower improvements, my mother felt like I had slighted her in saying that she couldn’t provide for me what someone else’s parents could.  Well to clarify, that wasn’t the case.  I am very thankful for all of the hot showers I have been provided with in the last couple months due to Mike and Nancy’s thoughtfulness!  But my mother didn’t let me down, just in case you were confused like she was, she at one point sent me all of the connector pieces for a homemade solar shower so that all I would have to do is find a tire tube.  There was even a diagram, just so I had no excuses… or because she thinks I’m a crappy engineer?

My mother has always enabled me to reach my goals.  Like when I described to her that my boyfriend bought a seashell shower curtain and had a beer box for a garbage can (because he’s cheap, I mean thrifty) and said I wanted to hot glue some seashells to a soap dispenser for him.  She didn’t say, “That sounds trashy,” as she probably should have, but rather, “What about a beer can toothbrush holder?”

Love you, Mom!  :)

A few photos from our school’s Mothers’ day celebration… 



No comments:

Post a Comment