Sunday, November 11, 2012

Home Improvements


Just call me Bri “the Handywoman” Drake!  I've been making improvements to this Old House of mine!  Well… don’t give me too much credit yet.  Keep reading.

I got a solar shower!  A gift from my friend's parents, because unlike my own parents, they didn't believe me when I said I was going to make one… after a year of saying that.  Hot showers are amazing!  :)

I had my homeboy Vidal build me a table and chair!  I no longer write in my hammock.  Score!

I stopped using “my” (the church's) latrine and now go to my neighbor's house.  It’s not full of water which is fantastic!  And it's really clean.  I don't know if they always keep it that clean or if they don't want me judging them, but either way, it's great!  

Yes, as you may have noticed, my home improvement theme has been on the order of receiving help from other people, but it's keeping in line with my current goal of asking for help more.  So it works.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment