Sunday, November 11, 2012

My New Favorite Neighbors

As mentioned, I have abandoned my communal latrine and instead have thrown myself at my unsuspecting neighbors, the Valdez family.  I head to their house and walk through the back porch area between the house and kitchen where people congregate, with my roll of toilet paper in hand.  We end up seeing a lot of each other which is only building our relationship.  :)

Another reason this is awesome is that they have the cutest baby in town.  His name's Alberto or Toti and he's 8 months old.



AND a lot of randomly cool animals.  They just stole a wild baby pig from it's jungle home and are keeping it in a cage.  I guess it bites.

The other week they also had the pelt of an ocelot hanging up.  The guys went out looking for it after it kept eating chickens.  They say they killed it down by the stream, a 10 minute walk, but the chickens live in the yard... I don't want to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment