Sunday, November 11, 2012

This I Have Learned...


… that people are really asking “How did you wake up?” (¿Cómo amaneció?) and not “How was your birth?”(¿Cómo se nació?), like I went around saying for a while.

… that I can sleep anywhere.

… the difference between the two seemingly identical plants of escoba (used to make brooms) and bellota (used to make sombreros).

… that it’s ok to hike out laundry and go to the Laundromat.  In fact, it’s favorable because my hand washing skills are subpar and I’d rather not be the smelly kid.   

... how not to compost poop, but rather how to start a large, organized colony of maggots in a bucket.

... the time to molding for many un-refrigerated items including, but not limited to, butter, salsa, jam, cheese, and bread.

… that pouring urine on the ant hill on my front porch does indeed make the ants leave as promised, but also makes my front porch smell like urine.  It’s a pot of boiling water for you next time, ants.

Coming Soon: This I Have Accepted...

No comments:

Post a Comment